If you ask any mom what she wants for her birthday/Christmas/Mother’s Day it’s “happy children.” We know that this is life and that can be a tall order. We’re here to show you today a few homemade projects that can be done to show love and appreciation in a more well… realistic way. 1. This fingerprint dove tutorial is to die for! It doesn’t have to be a dove, it could be mom’s favorite animal or something as simple as a heart. Just as long as everyone’s fingerprints make it into the mural.What you’ll need: 11×14 flat artist canvas acrylic paint in rainbow colors (this links to a fabulous rainbow pack) 11×14 picture frame Instructions:
- Write the name first and then do your fingerprint. Make sure your kids practice!
- Make a stencil – enlarge it on your screen and trace it on computer paper. Retrace onto cardstock and cut out.
- Tape the edge of your canvas that will be covered with the frame. Then it won’t be cut off when you place it in the frame!
- Make sure you let each color have ample time to dry – a few hours.
- When you remove the stencil, wash off any stuck paper with a little water and cloth. It shouldn’t hurt anything.
What you’ll need: White mug(s) Nail polish of choice (preferably bright-colored) Old container you don’t mind ruining Bamboo skewer or toothpick Paper towel or parchment paper Instructions:
- Fill an old container with warm water. (The warmer the better.) Just be sure it is something you don’t mind having nail polish on since this process can leave some residue behind. When you fill it, don’t fill it too full. Take whatever piece you are going to dip and do a test run.
- Grab some pretty nail polish from a cupboard in your bathroom. There’s really no need to buy new, and you’ll only need a few drops to make a small swirl. Also, be sure NOT to grab a quick dry polish. Time is of the essence here, we don’t need to shorten our time even more with a quick dry. Also, a bright or dark color works the best!
- Pour a few drops of polish into the water. Swirl with skewer if necessary. A film will start to form (it is starting to dry already). Grab your mug because we’re finally ready to create that awesome DIY Watercolor Mug! Dip and swirl to pick up the paint. Place your mug on the paper towel to dry. Don’t touch it until it’s completely dry.
What you’ll need: Texas Toast bread Strawberry Jam Strawberry Cream Cheese Eggs Milk Cinnamon Nutmeg Powdered Sugar Fresh Strawberries (optional) Whipped Cream (optional) Instructions:
- Spread Strawberry jam on one slice of Texas Toast and strawberry cream cheese on the other slice.
- Place them together like a sandwich
- Dip them in the batter of milk, eggs, powdered sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg
- Cook as normal French toast & serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream